Rambling musings on being gluten and lactose intolerant
1. Discovering I was both gluten and lactose intolerant has changed my life for the better. My diet is very healthy now (not that I thought I had an unhealthy diet before but you have a much healthier diet when you have no pasta, rice, cheese, milk, ice cream, etc. )
2. Weight loss without trying – 10 – 12 pounds in a year. Dropped a dress size or 2. Some clothes have had to go to Goodwill.
3. Energy – would rather have energy than lethargy.
4. Clear skin (spots are an indicator I have mistakenly eaten gluten/lactose by mistake).
5. Converts – a friend saw me for dinner, thought I looked so well, heard my story and was inspired to change her diet – what a compliment.
6. Bought a new outfit and a complete stranger came over and complimented me – said I looked wonderful (it was a combo of outfit and radiance from diet – it really makes that much of a difference).’
7. The recipes on my blog keep you feeling full and you can have seconds so it is not a ‘diet’ in a food deprived way.
8. I will add to this on an occasional basis – life is good on a gluten/lactose free diet.
8. Most of my recipes are quick and easy.