It crept up on me slowly
– symptoms were sporadic to start with because of varied diet
– symptoms accelerated – itchy spots on only one side of my face, chronic diarrhea after eating the wrong food, lethargy
– result – intolerance (not allergy, which is more serious) to both gluten and lactose
– Read book “Wheat Belly’ – game changer for me
– Read food labels closely
– Adapt recipes and cooked from scratch (blog)
What I have learned
– For me, intolerances have been a bonus as they have made me really care about what I eat.
– Love to cook and share through my recipes (blog) super healthy dishes that appeal to ALL people, intolerant or not.
– Gained a mission in life to spread the word that food intolerances aren’t, in my case, a negative but a positive – more energy, better diet, better skin, effortless weight loss –